Acadia National Park, Friends of Acadia, and the Acadia Centennial Partners are planning a year-long, Maine-wide celebration highlighting the previous hundred years of world-class conservation at the park and inspiring and launching the next hundred years of stewardship of Acadia.
Acadia’s official “birthday” is on July 8, 2016. Will you mark the day with a sunrise hike to the top of Cadillac? Bring friends to a picnic at your favorite Acadia spot? Take some time to just notice anew the wonders of this very special place? But that’s only one special day in a very full year. Throughout 2016, the Acadia Centennial Partners will offer events, activities, products, and more. We invite you to:
- Learn more about Acadia’s past, present, and future through lectures, exhibits, publications, or films
- Try a new activity or discover a new special spot in the park
- Experience Acadia through the eyes and ears of the artists who are inspired by this remarkable place
- Bring home the memories with centennial commemorative products produced by businesses and artisans from Acadia’s surrounding communities
- Give back to Acadia and help inspire its next century of conservation through special volunteer opportunities or by making a donation to Acadia’s centennial
You’ll find something for everyone: year-round and seasonal residents of the Acadia region; first-time and lifelong visitors; kids, teens, and grownups of all ages.
Plan Your Centennial Visit
Help support Acadia’s Centennial! Make a donation to the centennial celebrations »