Art Waves is a member-supported art center committed to developing a strong artistic community, where members can teach or take classes as well as work independently in our well equipped studio areas. Art Waves also hosts many events including shows, workshops, and critiques.
Art Waves will be offering:
1. Two Collaborative Themed Show of artists and poets in response to Acadia National Park through time real time, where the poets read and the artists talk about the process.
2. An Art Waves Show featuring 100 pieces of local art of our park, each one priced at $100.
3. Paint and Sips like the Masters (Cole, Church, etc.) or be your own master 21 + learn to transcribe a painting from the previous century or two.
4. Fine Art Printmaking: Etching, monoprinting, lino cuts to make your own Acadia National park cards
5. Stained Glass Mosaic after the Masters using park scenes or animals
6. Rock On: Depict the variety of rock formations in paint or mixed media at the studio after a ranger talk on geology
7. Nature Journaling Workshops examining historical journals and creating your own journal – document of your experience to continue independently
8. Plein Air Meetups: a list of dates, times, and great historically relevant spots to paint with fellow plein air painters. No instruction, no fee, just a social opportunity to share ideas and suggest spots to paint.
Art Waves will offer stocked plein air pouchade /easel rentals as well as develop “Artist friendly Inns” to make it easier on artist visitors.
8. Children’s Nature Art Camp events, perhaps at the YMCA and Art Waves Studios
9. Artist Residencies and opportunities for mentoring
10. A Ten-by-Ten pop-up art show featuring 10 x 10 inch Acadia National Park landscape paintings on Sunday July 10th starting at 10:00 AM